Wednesday’s Thirsty Lion quiz was positively ELECTRIC! And why wouldn’t it be? Thirsty Lion’s prizes and giveaways are UNPARALLELED! I mean, look at the stuff they give away at this place:
- a bottle of champagne for the team closest to the correct answer to the Thirsty Lion Question of the week.
- a BONUS challenge question, the winner of which gets a chance to spin the Thirsty Lion Wheel of Fortune, and win a prize like 20% off your check, an order of nachos, a slice of decadent chocolate cake, or even a 5 point bonus for next week’s quiz (or in this case, two weeks from now)
- the losing team gets a reach into the Thirsty Lion Box o’ Fun (t-shirts, hats, flags, you name it)
- the weekly standings, a MONTHLY game that pits team against team by the month for a $100 gift certificate to Grand Central Bowl
- a kickass VIDEO quiz every week featuring visual rounds, video clips, and interactive pub quiz rounds, and the winning team wins COLD HARD CASH!
What quiz is better than THAT??? Well, let me tell you about March 10th’s quiz and you can judge for yourself.
We had 58 very excited quizzers buzzing with anticipation for the Wednesday night video quiz, of which a good 20 people had never played the quiz before. It’s always great to meet new players, and new team names like the Geriatric Dragons, Sneaky Jesuses and Marshmellow Happens, along with some familiar faces (Your Tax Dollars at Work, Yahtzee, and Kim and the Jong Ills). I finally changed out that DVD scroll that we’ve had rolling since last summer, so folks were happy to laugh at new pics, like this one:
Our SEAWORTHY theme brought out no less than four ships in bottles, our bonus point op of the week. My favorite was a little tiny paper folded ship inside a 1-1/2″ bottle. It wasn’t the object itself as much as the story behind it- it was made by her boyfriend just for her (cue the “awwww”!). (Not on the email list? EEK! Go here, pronto!)
The quiz went great! Lots of fun questions about squids, Captain Marvel, and Popeye. The best question of the night is below. Before I get off on that tangent again, a big CONGRATS to the winning team, Elephantastic! You got yourself a whopping $124 and are now on the big board in the running for that $100 gift certificate, joining Yahtzee and Hangin’ Brain. Hangin’ Brain also got themselves a bottle of the bubbly by guessing that the deepest part of the ocean was 35,000 ft. (the Mariana Trench is the deepest point in Earth’s oceans, 35,840 feet).
AND NOW……….. the video of the night. Question 10: Who is this actor?
Zod popped into question 12, 15, 18, 20….. then thanks to good spirited, possibly inebriated teams asking to repeat #10, the room got it’s share of ZOD.
HOWEVER, guys, there’s more to this. This is for you, my Thirsty Lion friends. Oh, and remember, NO QUIZ NEXT WEDNESDAY at the Thirsty Lion.
And I think this is just…. well, bad!